Legal Advice

Legal advice is the giving of a professional or formal opinion regarding the substance or procedure of the law in relation to a particular factual situation. The provision of legal advice will often involve analyzing a set of facts and advising a person to take a specific course of action based on the applicable law.


I got your number from face book page.

I just need small information.

My wife is a resident of Kuwait and she is living in Pakistan.

We just newly married and I am working in UAE.

She is under her father visa.

So I just need small information because she is pregnant and her family wants she make her delivery in Kuwait because of child visa issues.

I just need information is there any way that she give birth in Pakistan And later she can make visa...

If she buy independent visa then how much the cost can come minimum to maximum?

On independent visa her husband can visit her in Kuwait plus I am working in UAE so can keep resident visa of Kuwait and employment visa of UAE.


PIK Pleased to Answer

If parents are resident of Kuwait and she give birth in Pakistan then latter you can apply dependent visa for your child, but since you are resident of UAE and she is under her father’s sponsorship in Kuwait it is better to give birth in Kuwait.

You might face issues for getting new born visa if she give birth in Pakistan.

Answer: Yes, you can apply for visit visa because the latest regulations on visit visa is, that you should be earning at least 500 KWD of salary a month to be able to invite any other relatives other than the immediate family members (wife, husband and children) on a visit visa.

You will need to obtain a transit visa for Saudi Arabia, for all passengers on the trip. To obtain the transit visa, you'll need to obtain first a UAE visa (it is a requirement).

The transit visa is valid for 3 days.

To obtain the visa, you'll need:

  1. Passport and residency that is more than 6 months current.
  2. Photos with white background for each passenger.
  3. Proof of UAE visa.
  4. Cash for visa (I believe it is 23 KD each passport).

In addition, I recommend getting a triptych. I travel often across the border and technically you don't need it as you are not leaving the GCC but it is better to obtain it anyway - you might get asked especially if it is the first time the car is traveling. You can get this from the auto club which is located on the intersection of the 4th ring road and Ghazali.

Gather those documents and go to the Waseet office which is located behind the North Nugra complex in Hawally (google map link).

They are open in the morning from 8 till 12, and then in the afternoon after 4 PM.

If you don't speak Arabic, it is best to grab a friend that does as the staff there have very elementary knowledge of English.

If you are granted the visa, you'll need to travel through the Nuwaiseeb border point. From there, it is pretty much a straight shot down to the UAE on Saudi Highway 95; the journey will take around 12/13 hours.

If this is your first time traveling by road through Saudi Arabia, please note the following:

  1. Women are not allowed to drive.
  2. If you have any female companions, they have to be dressed modestly (no shorts, bare shoulders).
  3. You'll need to obtain vehicle insurance at the Saudi border. It is less than 100 SAR (less than 10 KD) for three days; you will have to obtain separate insurance for the UAE at the UAE border.
  4. Gas stations take cash only, and gasoline is available in 91/95 RON only. There is no 98 RON as available in Kuwait (called "ultra super").
  5. All businesses close during times of prayer.
  6. There are camera speed traps on the highways.
  7. Most gas stations have only minimal services, try to stop at the SASCO stations which are better fitted and well maintained.
  8. You will very rarely find sitting toilets on the road side stations.
  9. If you stick to the SASCO branded stops, you'll find restaurants that have family seating; otherwise your female companions will have to eat in the car.

I was working as an engineer with driving license which is valid up to Feb 2019, now my company renewed my residency and changed the profession as project supervisor, my salary is 1000+ KD. when I checked on MOI website the results shows "no License" please advise can I renew my driving license?


thanks for contacting us, we sorry to inform you that you can not when it is clearly saying that there is no driving license under your name, you must apply for fresh license. all conditions apply such as (Salary 600 or more, attested university degree, and staying more than 2 years in Kuwait)

I came to Kuwait on family visa. After that I got job and that company changed my visa to 18 but now I want to resign and change again to family visa. Is this possible?

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you can resign and revert to your original family visa. You must however note that for your resignation to be effective you must give a three-month notice period as mandated by the Kuwait Labour Law.

I have been working in a company for 3 years now and recently I went for vacation and came back. I want to know if it is possible to give my resignation after coming back from my vacation. What is the Kuwait labour laws say regarding resignation. Should I serve a notice period of three months once I give my resignation?

Name withheld

Answer: You don’t have any problem in tendering your resignation in as much as you give your employers the mandatory three-month notice period.


Source: Arab Times

My Wife residing in Kuwait for around 16 years with 4 kids born in Kuwait, I have “Iqrar Nama” of my marriage and attested with Kuwait foreign office which I have been using it for long time.

My wife worked for a school and she had transferred her sponsorship to School Name, now she left the job and wants to transfer back to my name, but when I went to immigration office they said to bring new marriage certificate, I went to embassy and they gave me another “Iqrar Nama” but immigration department did not accept that they said get your original “marriage certificate” attested.

Now when I went to embassy they said your original “nikkah Nama” should be attested from Pakistan foreign affairs. Can you please tell is this new law.


PIK is pleased to answer your question

Yes this is new law,

  1. Your old original “Nikkah Nama” or marriage certificate issued by Nikkah registrar in Pakistan with his signature and stamp.
  2. Based on that NADRA will issue computerized marriage certificate.
  3. Computerized marriage certificate should be attested from foreign affairs of Pakistan.
  4. Based on that Pakistan embassy in Kuwait will attest.
  5. Then Go foreign affairs of Kuwait take 5 KD stamp and get it attested.
  6. Then translate it and attest the translation from Ministry of Justice.

You are done.

I would like to inquire about the new and recent procedure for family visa for my baby born in India; she is 1 year 6 months now.

When she was born my husband’s salary was not KD 450, now in his new work permit he has KD 450 salary and I have KD 250 and we both are under article 18; many of my friends are confusing me that there are some new procedures added in ministry like birth certificate attestation and need to be more than KD 450 above etc, please clear my below details.

1. Procedure and documents needed

2. Documents to be attested

3. How long it takes time will take once apply

4. How much cost? Please note I brought her under visit visa 2 times for 3 months each under my name; now I need to apply for family visa under my husband.

Name withheld

Answer: KD 450 is the minimum monthly salary required to be able to sponsor your immediate family members on dependent visa. Forget therefore about what your friends are telling you and go ahead and apply for the visa for your baby at the Immigration Department in your area and attach the following documents to the application.

1. Copy of the child’s passport

2. Copy of the child’s birth certificate which must be attested by your country’s ministry of foreign affairs or your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry annex in Shuwaikh.

3. An affidavit attested by your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry showing your realtion with the person you wish to bring to Kuwait.

4. Marrage certificate attested as in 2 above.

5. Your work permit (showing a monthly salary of at least KD 450).

6. Copies of your and your wife’s civil IDs. If you can supply all these documents, your will have no difficulties in getting the visa for your child.

Source:Arab Times


login with social account

Images of Kids

Events Gallery

PIK Directory


Online Health Insurance System

 Sate of Kuwait

Go to top